Financial Press Releases
- NXP announces a new breed of
Ultra-Wide Band(UWB) ranging technology to offer security, precision sensing, and spatial context behaviors for wireless devices.
- Technology features unique mix of 2D and 3D precise positioning with low power consumption.
- Watch the video about NXP UWB technology
“NXP’s UWB sparks exciting new use cases that have never before been possible,” said
About NXP UWB Technology
This new generation of UWB is a major evolutionary step from the existing wireless technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Its ability to process contextual information such as the position of the UWB anchor, its movements, and distance to other devices with an unprecedented precision of a few centimeters, enables decision making and management of these devices to take place with high granularity.
NXP UWB enables accurate localization capabilities. Doors and points of entry will open once approaching them. Lights, audio speakers and any other connected devices with sensors will be able to follow consumers from one room to another, and smart connected technology will blend in more intuitively in people’s lives.
NXP UWB Technology Benefits Include:
- UWB higher bandwidth channel provides greater instantaneous precision than existing wireless technologies in challenging environments, leading to an accuracy of a few centimeters.
- UWB enables latency sensitive applications, such as access, gaming, and AR, by an efficient Time-of-Flight calculation.
- UWB adds a new level of security to car key fobs and can prevent relay attacks by distinguishing the authentic signal from the relayed/spoofed signal.
NXP’s UWB technology builds on our emerging connectivity portfolio with a leading position in NFC and recent announcements in 5G
NXP is sampling solutions to its early access partners and will be demonstrating UWB capabilities at NXP Connects.
About NXP Connects 2019
NXP Connects is being held at the
NXP and the NXP logo are trademarks of
For more information, please contact:
|Americas||Europe||Greater China / Asia|
|Tate Tran||Martijn van der Linden||Ming Yue|
|Tel: +1 408-802-0602||Tel: +31 6 10914896||Tel: +86 21 2205 2690|
|Email: email@example.com||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Email: email@example.com|
Source: NXP USA, Inc.