Financial Press Releases
- NXP’s advanced Immersiv3D audio solution brings breakthrough cinema audio experience to homes at a fraction of the cost
- Premieres NXP smart sound bar and AV receiver turnkey reference designs supporting Dolby Atmos, the latest audio codecs, and multichannel voice control features
Significantly enhancing functionality and cutting cost for audio customers, Immersiv3D opens new opportunities for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to meet the growing worldwide soundbar market. It also makes it possible for OEMs to drive the next wave of audio performance and voice control, as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other smart capabilities, in a wider range of consumer audio devices such as AV receivers, smart speakers, Over-the-Top (OTT) streaming devices and smart TVs.
“Dolby Atmos has revolutionized the way people experience their favorite entertainment,” said
The IFA Berlin demonstration will further underscore the strength of NXP’s industry-first audio system architecture that features low enough latency to stream multichannel audio in the living room (with low cost wireless solutions) and Dolby Atmos together with exceptional quality voice control. For global adoption, NXP’s Immersiv3D platform also features DTS:X, Mpeg H the audio codec used for
“We are pleased to further our work with NXP creating smart, voice enabled platforms with DTS:X technology,” said
Immersiv3D: The Future of Audio for the Consumer Space
As part of the EdgeVerse platform, Immersiv3D is integrated with NXP’s i.MX 8M Mini and i.MX 8M Nano applications processors, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and voice. The i.MX 8M Mini and Nano System-on-a-Chip (SoCs) with the Immersiv3D software provide a single-chip solution for performing audio processing and voice services on a single device. In addition, the solution dramatically streamlines system integration, and delivers low-latency audio decode and pre/post processing and multichannel AEC + beamforming to create the immersive experience. Currently, Immersiv3D technology is Dolby Atmos certified and is completing certification for DTS:X technology this quarter for both the i.MX 8M Mini and i.MX 8M Nano applications processors. DTS Virtual:X support is also planned for later this year.
Demonstrations of Immersiv3D audio solution-based solutions at IFA include:
- Dolby Atmos® Soundbar with Google Voice Assistant – supports Dolby Atmos and
- Low Cost Dolby Atmos® 5.1.2 Soundbar – supports Dolby Atmos with only 7 transducers. Single chip i.MX 8M Mini applications processor implementation (no DSPs) provides best-in-class integration with lowest latency in the industry.
- Low Cost Dolby Atmos® 2.1.2 Soundbar – supports Dolby Atmos experience in an innovative low cost design with only five transducers including integrated subwoofer. Immersiv3D also supports integration of the
To see the full range of live NXP demonstrations for consumer electronics and smart appliances at IFA Berlin 2019 from
NXP, EdgeVerse, Immersiv3D and the NXP logo are trademarks of
For more information, please contact:
|Americas||Europe||Greater China / Asia|
|Tate Tran||Martijn van der Linden||Ming Yue|
|Tel: +1 408-802-0602||Tel: +31 6 10914896||Tel: +86 21 2205 2690|
|Email: email@example.com||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Email: email@example.com|
Source: NXP USA, Inc.