- NXP joins Baidu’s Apollo, a leading open autonomous driving platform
- NXP to provide millimeter wave radar, V2X, security and smart connectivity
- Partners to leverage NXP BlueBox development platform for low-power, high performance and functional safety benefits
SHANGHAI, China, Dec. 21, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI), the world’s largest automotive semiconductor supplier and Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU), the leading Chinese language search provider today announced a cooperation in autonomous driving. Under the terms of the agreement, NXP will join Baidu's open autonomous driving platform, Apollo, and provide semiconductor products and solutions including millimeter wave radar, V2X, security, smart connectivity and in-vehicle experience technologies.
First announced in April 2017, Apollo is Baidu’s open autonomous driving platform which provides a comprehensive, secure and reliable all-in-one solution supporting all major features and functions of an autonomous vehicle. Baidu refers to Apollo as the Android of the autonomous driving industry, but more open and more powerful, allowing partners to go from zero to one and quickly assemble their own autonomous vehicles and start their product R&D. Apollo has now attracted over 70 global partners.
Details of the collaboration include:
- NXP will provide semiconductor products and solutions for autonomous driving, millimeter wave radar, V2X, security, smart connectivity and in-vehicle experiences
- Companies will leverage the NXP BlueBox development platform’s low energy consumption, high-performance and functional safety benefits
- NXP and Baidu will collaborate on sensor integration and high-performance processors for deep learning networks
- Baidu’s conversational in-car system, DuerOS for Apollo, will incorporate NXP infotainment solutions for faster time to market and enhanced performance
“The automobile industry in China continues to advance at an amazing pace,” noted Kurt Sievers, executive vice president and general manager of NXP’s automotive business. “NXP is proud to collaborate with Baidu on the success of Apollo platform. We believe that NXP and Baidu have incalculable synergies to bring to the new automotive revolution.”
Li Zhenyu, general manager of Baidu’s Intelligent Driving Group, said, “The collaboration with NXP is a significant step toward the application of Baidu’s autonomous driving and connected car technologies. NXP's entry into the Apollo platform will inject momentum into our intelligent and autonomous vehicle ecosystem, creating benefits for the intelligent vehicle industry in China and the world."
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has 31,000 employees in more than 33 countries and posted revenue of $9.5 billion in 2016. Find out more at www.nxp.com
For more information, please contact:
NXP USA, Inc.